Rich and savory mushroom ragoût becomes an umami packed vegan delight from our 2107 Champignon Mushroom Extract Powder. Serve this over polenta, rice, risotto, or baked potatoes with roasted tomatoes, garlic, peppers, or fried shallots to really take things over the top!
This recipe was inspired by the inherent taste of our 2107 Champignon Mushroom Extract Powder and its ability to create a wonderful, hearty sauce.
Why this Nikken item was used:
The 2107 Champignon Mushroom Extract Powder was used for its incredible hearty taste and ability to add depth and meatiness to the ragoût.
1. Add safflower oil to a very hot, large sauteuse pan or wok
2. When oil ripples, add cremini mushrooms and sear hard
3. Add flour and lightly toast to a milk chocolate color
4. Add tomato sauce and caramelize
5. Deglaze with broth and add Champignon Mushroom Extract Powder and all the dried seasonings
6. Stir in the soy sauce and smoked paprika (optional)