Briny, spicy, herbaceous gulf shrimp in a Cajun cream sauce – yes please! Kick your dish up with the umami punch of our 2103 Champignon Mushroom Extract Powder and bring more WOW to your masterpieces.
This recipe was inspired by coastal Cajun cuisine.
Why this Nikken item was used:
The 2103 Champignon Mushroom Extract Powder was used for its wonderful tangy, mouthwatering umami attributes. It really complements the Worcestershire sauce and shrimp not to mention it synergizes really well with the heavy cream.
1. Toss shrimp with pepper, paprika, cayenne and salt
2. Heat a sauté pan over high heat until hot, add olive oil
3. Add shrimp and sauté for 3 minutes, remove shrimp from pan
4. Deglaze with white wine, reduce by half
5. Add butter, onions, bell peppers, and garlic, sauté until soft
6. Stir in 2103 Champignon Mushroom Extract Powder and other dried ingredients
7. Stir in heavy cream, bring to a boil then lower heat to low
8. Whirl in pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce
9. Add shrimp back to pan and cook for 3 – 5 minute until cooked through
10. Serve over grits or a toasted baguette with a squeeze of lemon